Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

difference between core dba and apps dba


Oracle Apps DBA Activities:
---------------------------

He is mainly responsible for handling the Oracle Applications, which is exclusively designed by Oracle, in terms of Installing Oracle Application software  either on single node or multi node, Upgrading Oracle Applications from lower version to latest versions, Applying patches suggested by Oracle Support, Cloning Oracle Application Instances, and Lot more Oracle DBA Activities.

Oracle Core DBA Activities:
---------------------------

He is only the contact of person for database related issues, and he will no more responsible for Applications. He always responsible for Installation of Oracle software, Up gradation, Cloning, and other activities RMAN, Standby, RAC, etc..


9 comments:

  1. I want to be a apps DBA.so give me advice which course needed for this.


    joni
    jonictg7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you good DBA ?

    Are you comfortable in UNIX/Linux environment ?

    Are you confortable with Oracle Installations/Backups(RMAN)/Recoveries/Tuning/upgrades ?

    Have atleast 1 year experience as Oracle DBA ?

    OCP is preferred and in future it is mandatory ?

    If yes, then you are right choice for Oracle Application DBA

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i want to do oracle dba ,is there any division like Apps DBA And Core DBA likewise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Can some one suggest me how to be apps dba.
    Presently I work on infrastructure side, I do migration of code LDAPbounce and other app bounce etc. Can u tell me which path I am in exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. plz tell me what is better option in oracle dba and oracle apps dba as a fresher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just start my career in oracle dba . but i do know how to shine in this field please help

    ReplyDelete